Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Brazilian Chocolate Fudge Flan (Brigadeirão)


Does anyone still use Pinterest? I sure do and have been having great luck with delicious recipes lately! This is one I've had in my folder for quite a while and since it's easy and ingredients I had on hand I decided why not? If you love chocolate truffles you'll LOVE this! You know how they melt in your mouth? Yeah, that! It's pretty rich and creamy (like a thick pudding) so you won't need a large slice, so I think this would serve 15 well. I served it with whipped cream.


Brazilian Chocolate Fudge Flan
adapted from Brazil To You

14 oz sweetened condensed milk
14 oz whole milk
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
A dash of salt
Whipped cream

Pre-heat the oven to 350º F. Spray a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
Blend together well the condensed milk, the whole milk, cocoa, sugar, cornstarch, butter, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake in Bain-Marie for about 40 minutes (I placed my bundt pan inside of a large glass baking dish with water poured into the glass dish until it reached half way up the bundt pan.).
Let cool on a rack and then refrigerate for about 2-4 hours or longer.
Unmold carefully,  cut and serve with whipped cream.


enjoy,
Pin It!

3 Comments:

Danielle S said...

I am going to have to try this next month. Pinned to save and share.

Julia said...

I love Denise from FromBrazilToYou blog and her recipes! Your chocolate flan looks so delicious!

Unknown said...

Wow such a yummy chocolate fudge..Going to try it today only and As i'm new in your blog and i find lot's of yummy recipe and i need to try all dish..
Choco fudge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...